Lesson summary for:
Adventures at Dry Creek
In this interactive web-based module students conduct a simulated field study at a fossil dig in Montana.
UC Museum of Paleontology
Three to four class periods.
- Fossils provide evidence of past life.
- A hallmark of science is exposing ideas to testing.
- Scientists test their ideas using multiple lines of evidence.
- Scientific knowledge is open to question and revision as we come up with new ideas and discover new evidence.
- Scientists use multiple lines of evidence to study life over time.
- Scientists use fossils to learn about past life.
- Scientists can test ideas about events and processes long past, very distant, and not directly observable.
Comment on this resource
Share how you used this resource in your classroom, suggestions for modifying it, and whether you liked using it.
<< Back to search results